This is a sponsored post on behalf of Barlean’s. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
All of it.
Not even a crumb was left.
The only evidence was the cooling rack on the floor.
That’s what happened a couple of weeks ago when I made this Coconut Banana Bread for the first time.
So what happened to the bread?
A certain brown dog decided to devour the WHOLE loaf as it cooled on top of the stove.
I thought nothing of it when I set the bread to cool on top of the stove as the family and I set out to do errands. I’ve done that a thousand times with Cooper not even noticing it. But something in the past few months has made Cooper decide that he’s now a puppy who causes mischief. Or maybe he is finally getting in touch with his lab side?
Nothing is safe anymore.
At 12 years old, he just discovered that we have a garbage can in the kitchen that has wonderfully delicious morsels in it. It could be regular human food scraps that he eats or it could be something that once contained food. He’ll eat an empty yogurt squeezer tube just to have a taste of yogurt. And if you are wondering, yes, we did see that yogurt squeezer again. Two days later, when he threw it up.
You would think that after eating a huge loaf of banana bread (with chocolate chips too!), he would get sick.
Nope. Not Cooper. He often will regurgitate his dog food and we have to feed him in an incline position because of his Megaesophagus but he kept down a whole freakin’ loaf of bread.
Maybe this Coconut Banana Bread is the cure for his illness?
Don’t count on it Cooper.
Keep your paws off my Coconut Banana Bread.
- 1¾ cups oat flour
- ¼ cup Barlean's Energy Blend
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- ½ cup virgin coconut oil, melted (I use Barlean's Culinary Coconut Oil)
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- ⅓ cup milk of your choice
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease 9 x 5 bread pan with coconut oil.
- In medium bowl, combine ingredients through salt.
- In stand mixer, add mashed bananas, coconut oil, eggs and coconut sugar. Beat for one minute. Add milk, apple cider vinegar, and vanilla and beat one minute. Add the dry ingredients to the wet until combined. Stir in chocolate chips (if using).
- Pour batter in prepared bread pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in pan for 5-10 minutes before moving to a cooling rack.
This recipe is very similar to my Coconut Banana Muffins except that I subbed in Barlean’s Energy Blend. It’s packed with superfoods – ground flaxseed and chia seeds. It also has unsweetened shredded coconut and Panax Ginseng which can help in physical endurance and mental alertness (something all runners want, right?).
The possibilities are also endless on what to put in this cute LunchBots container. I was looking forward to using it for my lunches or snacks to work. However, my son had different ideas when he staked it as his own the day it arrived. He’s a fan of bento style lunches and snacks so this is perfect for carrying a little bit of everything for snacking.
My fingers are crossed that Cooper doesn’t break into any LunchBots next.
Do you have a dog? What’s the craziest thing they’ve gotten into?
Banana Bread or Zucchini Bread – which is better?