This is a sponsored post on behalf of Barlean’s as a member of their Blogger Team. All opinions, as always, are my own. Thank you for your support!
My favorite flavor combination, by far, is chocolate and peanut butter.
Actually, I’d take any nut or seed butter and chocolate combination.
There aren’t too many things that don’t taste good with peanut butter. But there is one thing that I have not tried and kind of really don’t want to try.
A Fluffernutter sandwich.
If you are not from New England, you may have no idea what that is.
I didn’t until I moved to New Hampshire 11 years ago.
A Fluffernutter sandwich is a made with marshmallow Fluff and peanut butter on Wonder Bread.
Call me crazy, but that does not sound appealing at all.
And I have been called crazy multiple times from numerous New Englanders who grew up on Fluffernutter’s.
For some reason the combination of Fluff and peanut butter came to mind when Barlean’s sent out this month’s Blogger Challenge for creative popcorn recipes.
Thankfully, I didn’t go the Fluff route in finding something different.
My family loves popcorn. If he could, my son would eat it every single day. His wishes were granted when we got a new Lékué popcorn maker thanks to Barlean’s. It’s easy to pop up a bowl of popcorn in minutes.
If we are in the mood for the classic combo of butter and salt, I use Barlean’s Buttered Flavored Coconut Oil. It tastes just like the real deal butter with no coconut taste at all.
Plain popcorn is also yummy but sometimes you need something a little different.
Enter the most wonderful combination of sweet and salty chocolate and peanut butter.
I feel like I should give you fair warning – this stuff is extremely addictive. It’s hard to stop with just a few bites!
- ¼ cup popcorn kernels
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- 3 Tbsp creamy all natural peanut butter (or your choice of nut/seed butter)
- 1 tsp Barlean's Butter Flavored Coconut Oil
- Sea salt
- Pop popcorn in air popper or the microwave using Lékué as directed.
- Once popcorn is ready, set aside.
- Melt dark chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter flavored coconut oil over low heat on stove top. This can also be done in the microwave at 30 second intervals. Stirring to combine.
- Drizzle melted chocolate peanut butter mixture over popcorn
- Sprinkle as much sea salt as desired over popcorn mixture.
- Place in the freezer for 10 minutes for chocolate to harden.
- Remove from freezer and enjoy immediately.
If you try this popcorn, make sure you have plenty napkins. Your fingers will get messy but that’s half the fun of eating delicious popcorn, right?
[Tweet “Get ready to #PopWithBarleans w/ sweet and salty Chocolate Peanut Butter Popcorn @barleans + Lékué”]
Linking up with Foodie Friday.
What’s your favorite flavor combination on popcorn?
Have you ever had a Fluffernutter? Thoughts?