Happy Father’s Day to all the daddy’s out there!
I won’t get to see my dad in person today but hopefully we’ll be able to Facetime at least.
In our house, we are celebrating with me running a 5k (Happy Father’s Day to me! haha!). I’m not sure how well it’s going to go since Mr. L shared his cold with me. I was hoping to have a redemption race after spacing out at last month’s 5K. Fingers crossed I make a speedy recovery and will be able to run fast!
After the race, we will be doing whatever Ron wants. I’m sure they’ll be some outdoor fun time followed by dinner out, his choice of course.
Since Ron loves dried cherries, I thought I’d share an easy granola bar recipe that dads and the whole family will love.
I mean, really, who doesn’t love a good old fashioned granola bar?
This one is so easy to make with ingredients I’m sure you have in your pantry right now. It’s versatile and adaptable.
Don’t like dried cherries? Add a different dried fruit.
No almond butter? Use any nut or seed butter of your choice.
Want chocolate? Add in chocolate chips.
The possibilities are endless!
- 2 cups rolled oats (gluten free if needed)
- 1 cup unsweetened dried coconut
- 2 Tbsp chia seed
- ½ cup almond butter
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- ½ cup dried cherries, roughly chopped
- Line an 11x7 pan with parchment paper.
- In large bowl, mix oats, coconut and chia seeds. Set aside.
- In separate microwavable bowl, mix almond butter, honey and vanilla.
- Microwave 30 seconds. Stir till smooth.
- Pour almond butter mixture over oat mixture.
- Stir till combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan. Press and smooth evenly.
- Place pan in the refrigerator for 1- 2 hours to harden.
- Slice into bars and enjoy!
So what’s for dinner this week?
Sunday: Dinner out for Father’s Day
Monday: Guacamole Grilled Cheese Sandwiches + sweet potato fries
Tuesday: Baked cod and massaged kale
Wednesday: Chicken + Veggie Stir fry
Thursday: Black Bean Burgers + green salad
Friday: Cashew Thai Quinoa Salad
Saturday: 4th birthday dinner!
What are you having for dinner this week?