High Five Friday is here!
1. This week in running has been unbelievable! With each run, I’ve felt better and better. I am registered for my all time favorite race this weekend, Seacoast Half Marathon. It’s going to seem very odd not running. I’ve done it every year since 2010. However, I’m not risking all the progress I’ve made so far. The Honolulu Marathon is approaching quickly – eye on the prize!
2. Did you know it’s National Peanut Butter Lover’s Month? I like to think of myself as the #1 fan of all nut butters, so I was thrilled when PB Crave offered to send me some samples to celebrate. Two words – HOLY YUM! This stuff is good. Hide it from me right now good. There are so many ways that you could enjoy it but I personally like mine – by the spoonful.
3. I’m feeling a little bit more prepared for winter running now that I found THE BEST mittens. My hands are always painfully cold as soon as the temps drop. I’ve never been officially diagnosed, but I’m pretty certain I have Raynaud’s. No amount of doubling up on mittens or gloves has ever helped. But I think the Saucony Run Mitt may be the answer. I wore them on two morning runs this week. Each day the temps were in the 30s. My hands were actually sweating. SWEATING! That has never happened. The true test will be when it gets frigid cold. Toasty fingers crossed!
4. I’m committing myself to participating and completing the #healinghearts yoga Instagram challenge this month. Of course, I love sharing my yoga pics but I love that it’s all about what you are thankful for in each and everyday. And I’m wearing my Embrace the Hill tank. Do you have yet? If not, go to Sarah right now!
5. I voted and got my first Starbucks Red Cup of the season. Civil and blogger duty done for the day.
1. Wrong turn leads to losing a marathon – The Manchester Marathon was last weekend. Two men in the lead at mile 24, ran off course and subsequently, did not finish the race. The race organizers have decided to award the men each $1,250 or half of the combined prize money for the top two finishers. Do you think that’s right or was it their fault for not noticing the signs?
2. Runner Marci – I loved, loved, loved elite runner Marci’s recap of the NYC Marathon. The way she described it made me feel like I was right there running with her. Although I’d have to be strapped to her back because there’s no way I’d be keeping up!
3. NYC Marathon: A Volunteer’s Perspective – Just reading Alison’s recap of her experience as a volunteer gave me chills and had me tearing up. It makes me want to volunteer at races more often.
4. Feetures! Socks and Zooma Cape Cod – It’s so fun to see the finished video that Feetures shot during Zooma Cape Cod in September. I knew I should have asked Kelly and Nancy for their autographs! I even got a little cameo in it – rambling and talking with my hands like I always do. BTW – if you are thinking of a racecation for 2015, Zooma is it! Use my code, ANGELA15, at checkout for 10% off your entry fee.
5. If Hallmark Made Cards for Runners – I’d buy every single one!
What would you like to high 5 today?
Anyone running long or racing over the weekend?