IT’S FINALLY F-R-I-D-A-Y!
Anyone else happy about that?
Let’s get right into slapping some skin for high five Friday.
- Have you seen the Jimmy Fallon/Will Farrell “Tight Pants” video? If not, watch the video and you’ll be singing it forever. As soon as I put on my new Tommie Copper tights that they sent me, I immediately starting singing, “I’ve got my PINK pants. I’ve got my PINK pants on!” Of course, the tight pants dance was done as well. You’re welcome for no video of that.
- Four of my favorite healthy fats – Chia seeds, almonds, avocado and sunflower seeds. It’s hard to choose just one!
- Cairns are pieces of art to me. This is a photo I submitted for #ZoomaPhotoADay. It’s from a hike we did on the Mt. Lincoln/Lafayette trail up North a few years ago. One of my favorite hikes with terrific views.
- Obligatory #sweatyselfie. Can I just say I’m loving the run right now?
- Southwestern pizza – Yum!
We are seven days into my #HappyFitMarch Challenge! I wanted to high five some of the fantastic participants from the first 6 days. You all rock! Thank you!
- Day 1 – Run or walk 1 mile via @kelatz
- Day 2 – Favorite Healthy Fat via @grab_your_kicks
- Day 3 – Meatless Monday via @stshasteen
- Day 4 – Plank PR via @vitatrain4life
- Day 5 – Pay it Forward via @runningescapades
- Day 6 – Bridge PR via @daywithkt
Click on their IG link and follow them right now!
- 10 Runners You’re Not Following – More IG love! Scott Jurek’s pics are breathtaking. Lauren Fleshman always keeps it real. Oh and you can follow me on IG HERE if you aren’t already!
- Jared Leto Credits Vegan Diet + Yoga – Oh Jordan Catalano! I watched “My So Called Life” so he will always be known as Jordan to me first and foremost. He’s changed a lot since those days but I had no idea he is 42. What!?!?! He looks good but that just makes me feel really, really old. 1994 wasn’t that long ago, right?
- WTF is Oil Pulling + Why I’m Hooked – I’ve heard of this before but have yet to try it. I’m tempted but I don’t know how I can walk around or sit with coconut oil in my mouth for 20 minutes. Anyone try this? Thoughts?
- Did Do – I love Kristin Armstrong. Mile Markers is a book I reread quite often. The way she connects running and life in words is poetic and beautiful. This post is just another testament to that. Celebrate the miles between then and now, there and here.
- International Women’s Day - Since I’ve become a mama to a little girl, I’ve become very aware of body perception and confidence. I never want her to hear me say “I look fat” or other negative comment towards my looks. I want her to be strong, confident and independent. Tina’s post is beautifully written and says everything just right. All I could think of while reading it was YES!!
What or who do you want to high five today?