Hey everyone! It’s Friday!!!!!
This week flew by but I’m still opening my arms wide and embracing the weekend. I’ve got my last 20 miler of marathon training tomorrow and I’m so ready to taper. Fingers crossed all goes well. I’ve got a gigantic blister on the pad of my right foot that I’m hoping will not interfere with it.
Friday’s are always a good time for a fun post. I thought I’d share a 5 things that I’m loving right now.
1. Spring weather – The weather this past week has been absolutely gorgeous! Blue skies, warm sunshine, flowers blooming and temps in the 60s. After so many months of freezing, it feels so good to let the sun just warm my body again.
2. Running in the afternoon – I know I have always professed my love of running super early in the morning but I’ve recently done a few runs in the late afternoon. You know what? I kind of like it. I thought for sure I’d be dead tired and have zero energy. But it was the opposite – the run gave me energy! I did a run immediately after work one day that let me choose a route that I usually only get to see on the weekends. The only problem? Every runner I saw I’d say “Morning!” to. Old habits…
3. Zola Coconut Water – I’ve been using coconut water instead of almond milk for my smoothies lately. It’s been a great way to rehydrate and get some electrolytes after a long run or race. I have my favorite brand but I recently was sent two samples from Zola to try. One was with pulp and one without. Both were good but I preferred the one without. I love that each has no preservatives and no added sugar. My only complaint is that each can is two servings but does not have a recloseable top. It would be much better if it was in a bottle to save the rest for later, in my opinion.
4. Chocolate Zucchini Bread – I was in the mood for baking yesterday and realized I had a lone zucchini in my fridge that needed to be used. Originally I planned to make regular zucchini bread but I thought I’d try a new to me recipe. I love adding cocoa to any bread because well, it’s chocolate. I choose this recipe because every single thing I made of hers has been fantastic. Needless to say the two mini loaves are almost gone after less than one day.
5. Active Accessories On-The-Go Hair Band Bracelets – I wear a hair band on my wrist all the time. When you have long hair, you never know when you might need to pull it back into a pony or a bun. I love the new hair band bracelets (not to be confused with 80s hair bands – haha!) that make wearing a band fun and cute. I was sent the new 26.2 marathon bracelets in anticipation of my upcoming marathon. I’m too superstitious to wear the 26.2 yet but I have been sporting the plain neon colors daily. At first I didn’t think it would stay in my hair during a vigorous run. But after wearing it a day, it stretched out some so that I could loop enough around my hair to keep it secure. No droopy ponytail!
If you order any of the hair bracelet sets before May 15th, Active Accessories will donate $2 to The One Fund to support all those affected by the Boston Marathon bombing. Click HERE for more details and to order your own!
Hope you all have a great weekend!
What are you loving right now?
I was sent the Zola Coconut Water and Active Accessories On-The-Go Hair Bands free of charge in exchange for a review. All thoughts are my own.