Happy Sunday Funday!
On the weekend I like to take time to prep food for the week. I usually make a big pot of quinoa, bake sweet potatoes, hard boil eggs, a big batch of granola or baked oatmeal for breakfasts and some kind of sweet treat/snack.
Lately, we have been on a cookie bite streak. Specifically, 3 ingredient cookie bites. Can’t. Get. Enough. I mean, really, who can get enough of a cookie? I ask my kids if they want a cookie and they’re all like WOOHOO! Cookie Time!
These aren’t your average cookie.
Done in less than 10 minutes.
- 1 cup unsalted cashews
- 1 cup pitted dates or ½ cup pitted dates + ½ cup unsulphured dried apricots
- 3 Tbsp chocolate chips or cacao nibs
- Place cashews in food processor. Blend till in small pieces.
- Add dates (and apricots if using). Blend till combined with cashews and in small pieces.
- Take cashew/date mixture and place in a separate bowl.
- Using wet hands, "stir" in chocolate chips or cacao nibs.
- Take 1-2 tablespoons of dough and roll into a desired size ball.
- May eat immediately or place in refrigerator for 20 minutes to firm.
If you like Larabars, you’ll love this. It’s such a versatile recipe. The possible add ins are endless. Dried cherries would be unbelievable. Yum yum! Here’s a few other similar recipes that you may be interested in:
While I was snapping pics of the finished cookies, I had three sets of eyes ready to pounce the minute I wasn’t looking. Two little hands actually made their way into the pics and grabbed a bite. Thankfully, Cooper did not make a move and just stood off to the side and drooled!
On to meal planning. Here’s what I’ve got planned for the week:
Sunday: Fish Tacos
Monday: Green Smoothies + almond butter toast –> New work schedule has me working way later. Gotta keep it simple!
Tuesday: Sweet Potato Black Bean Burgers
Wednesday: Thai Almond Noodles w/ Veggies + Baked Broccoli Slaw Egg Rolls
Thursday: Grilled Chicken over massaged kale salads
Saturday: Ron’s Homemade Veggie Pizza
What are you having for dinner this week?